I am invested in my patients and when they succeed, I succeed along with them.
Dr. Cristina Bartis is a fellowship-trained interventional pain expert with a background in anesthesiology. She is a member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the American Society of Regional and Pain Medicine and is also fluent in Spanish, Romanian and Hungarian.
My parents encouraged me to consider a career in healthcare, which laid the foundation for my interest in all of the possibilities the field offers. I always gravitated to the biological sciences and taking care of people in need. As I continued my studies, it became clear that medicine is what I was meant to do so I pursued healthcare with passion.
Dr. Bartis has always believed in a multimodal approach to patient care and believes that there is no “magic bullet” when it comes to quality, effective treatment. The chronic nature of many health conditions in modern society, particularly in her field, require a variety of treatments based on the patient’s goals and needs to achieve maximal lasting benefit. She understands that effort, persistence and compassion are some of the most important driving components behind successful treatment, and implements this belief into her personalized care.
About Dr. Bartis
- Graduated from medical school at the University of Texas – Southwestern
- Completed residency and fellowship in Pain Medicine at the University of Illinois at Chicago
- Involved in overseas medical volunteering, including time spent in Ethiopia where she provided pro bono medical services and trained local nurses
- Inspired by her investment in her patients’ well-being and the satisfaction gained from helping them by relieving their pain and giving back their quality of life
- In her free time, Dr. Bartis enjoys traveling, exploring new places and experiencing life in different corners of the world, as well as movies, reading and the occasional excuse to dance