I have been motivated by a combination of my fascination with how the human body functions and the desire to help people.
Dr. Jose Reyna, Jr. is a fellowship-trained spinal surgeon who is Board-certified with the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. Fluent in English and Spanish, Dr. Reyna brings a wealth of experience and expertise to Minimally Invasive SpineCARE®.
Believe it or not, I began my college career as a music major! With a lifelong interest in biology and the human body, I made the decision to change my field of study as my already-burning passion for medicine continued to grow. I attended medical school at the University of California at San Diego and was immediately drawn to orthopedic surgery, due to my own experience with having had an orthopedic injury that required surgery.
Upon completing his residency at the University of New Mexico, Dr. Reyna instantly gravitated toward spine surgery as the complexity of the spine has always been fascinating to him. As a result, he completed his fellowship in spine surgery at the University of Southern California and has been actively practicing since.
Dr. Reyna prides himself on the ability to see each patient as an individual and believes that different people will always have different needs that are important to address when implementing a treatment plan. If all other treatment options have been exhausted and surgery is necessary, he generally recommends the most minimally invasive procedure that will provide the longest-lasting results. Dr. Reyna believes that, while effective spine care can be challenging, being able to witness the life-changing results after treatment make it that much more rewarding.
About Dr. Reyna
- Graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Diego
- Completed residency at the University of New Mexico
- Finished fellowship in spine surgery at the University of Southern California
- Inspirations include teaching, watching doctors in training grow, learning new techniques from talented colleagues and witnessing patients improve after surgery
- Enjoys photography, racquetball and cheering on his kids’ soccer games during his free time