Each patient represents the opportunity to change the mind, body and spirit in a positive way.
Dr. Justin H. Thompson is a fellowship-trained interventional pain expert and member of the Dallas County Medical Society, the Texas Medical Association and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. With a primary specialization in Physical Medicine and a subspecialty in Pain Management, he believes that any approach to medicine should be personalized for optimal treatment.
Throughout my life, I always veered toward science and had an interest in both the human body and helping others. As I explored career paths, medicine was the natural fit. I enjoyed the ongoing challenge it presented and the ability to continually impact people’s lives in a positive way.
Dr. Thompson completed medical school at the University of Texas – Southwestern and went on to finish his residency at Baylor University, where he was named Chief Resident. He completed an internship at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida and then his fellowship in pain management at Virginia Commonwealth University.
Dr. Thompson enjoys staying active within the medical community and is passionate about patient-centered care that treats each patient as an individual requiring personalized treatment. He believes that with proper care and effective, state-of-the-art treatment, every patient has a world of possibilities waiting for them.
About Dr. Thompson
- Graduated from medical school at the University of Texas – Southwestern
- Finished residency at Baylor University and interned at Jackson Memorial Hospital (through the University of Miami)
- Completed fellowship in pain management at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Cites his largest inspiration as having the opportunity to treat each individual patient and address the unique challenges that arise in their different situations
- Enjoys soccer, skiing, working out, trying new restaurants, traveling and golf in his free time