No two patients experience pain the same way – This is why I believe in a very individualized approach to pain management.
Dr. Kenneth Nguyen, D.O., is a fellowship-trained pain management physician with comprehensive experience providing effective, integrated care for a variety of conditions. Board-certified in both Pain Management and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Dr. Nguyen is also a member of the American Medical Association, the American Osteopathic Association, the Association of Academic Physiatrists and the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
My interest in medicine started from a very young age. I lived next door to my uncle, who was anesthesiologist and taught me about wellness and the human body. I had great physicians growing up and received excellent care from them. I was inspired to pursue a career in medicine in hopes that I could provide the same quality care and personalized patient experience for others. I made the decision to specialize in pain management because of the complexity in which each person responds to pain. I thoroughly enjoy helping patients overcome and cope with severe injuries while improving their quality of life.
Dr. Nguyen earned his medical degree with the added distinction of magna cum laude from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences before completing his internship at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in Chicago, IL. His accomplished healthcare trajectory continued as he entered residency at Ohio State University Medical Center, where he was named Academic Chief Resident. He completed an ACGME/Pain Medicine fellowship at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI and has been actively practicing since.
With extensive knowledge in all aspects of pain management, Dr. Nguyen is also a strong advocate of treatments such as acupuncture, medical restorative massage therapy, physical therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy to help patients best manage their pain. In fact, he is also fully accredited in acupuncture after completing a comprehensive program through UCLA. Dr. Nguyen’s dedication to innovative, compassionate care ensures an individualized approach to pain management with each of his patients.
About Dr. Nguyen
- Graduated magna cum laude from medical school at the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences
- Completed residency in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Ohio State University
- Finished internship at Advocate Illinois Masonic Hospital in Chicago, IL
- Completed fellowship in Pain Medicine/ACGME at Wayne State University in Detroit, MI
- Board-certified in Pain Medicine and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- In his free time, Dr. Nguyen enjoys running, golf, tennis, traveling, skiing, scuba diving and watching both professional and college sports