The thought that I can help patients return to their normal state of health gives me great joy and passion for my career.
Peter Rhee, PA-C, is a spine physician assistant and Certified Nursing Assistant. Fluent in both English and Korean, he is passionate about medicine, healthcare and interacting with patients to educate them and help them return to the quality of life that they deserve.
My lifelong love of science is what evolved into my decision to study medicine. My grandfather died of cancer due to a lack of informed medical care. Our family wasn’t given the option of exploring all available treatments, leading us to place him on palliative care prematurely. My decision to pursue a career in medicine is fueled by my passion for educating patients and their family to ensure that they understand their condition and then can confidently choose the best treatment option.
Mr. Rhee began his career in healthcare as a Patient Care Technician at a local hospital while completing his undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He went on to earn a Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies from Southern Illinois University and then completed his residency program at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute.
His patient-guided approach to medicine allows him to view each patient as an individual and to help them make informed decisions on their treatment. Witnessing patients return to the quality of life that they have missed gives Mr. Rhee an incredible sense of joy and accomplishment, each and every time.
About Mr. Rhee
- Completed undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Received Masters of Physician Assistant Studies from Southern Illinois University
- Finished postgraduate residency program in Orthopedics at the Illinois Bone and Joint Institute
- Cites his inspiration as coming from being able to educate patients and their family about their medical condition and all treatment options to ensure an appropriate plan based on their unique needs
- Passionate about sports, such basketball, golf, skiing and bowling, and enjoys spending time with family and friends in his free time; also enjoys traveling and has a personal goal to see all 7 wonders of the world (so far he has seen 4 of the 7)