My personal approach to medicine includes a commitment to finding innovative, individualized solutions for patients.
Samir Desai, PA-C, MHS, is a spine physician assistant who has been with the Minimally Invasive SpineCARE® family since 2006. As a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, he believes that providing quality care and personalized treatment are important cornerstones of all healthcare.
Throughout my life, I have always been very analytical and detail-oriented. Science was my favorite class from grade school and beyond, and I frequently played the “peacemaker” role among quarreling friends in an effort to help them find solutions to problems. In college, I was on a pre-medical school track but realized a great interest in the physician assistant profession during my junior year.
Mr. Desai graduated from the University of South Alabama’s Physician Assistant Studies program and then was accepted into the newly formed Physician’s Assistant Post-Graduate Surgical Residency program at Duke Hospital. For him, it was a perfect fit as he’d always been especially interested in surgery. As a result, he was in the second graduating class from this prestigious program.
The enjoyment that Mr. Desai gets from finding innovative, individualized solutions for patients and ensuring that they receive quality care never fades. One of his favorite parts of his role is being given the opportunity to educate patients so that they truly understand what’s going on with their condition and health.
About Mr. Desai
- Graduated from the University of South Alabama’s Physician Assistant Studies program
- Completed Post-Graduate Physician Assistant Surgical Residency program through Duke University
- Member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Inspirations include helping people get their lives back from pain, educating patients and continually learning new medicine, technology and advancements
- Enjoys biking, running, traveling, cooking, gardening and spending time with family in his free time